Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday people


Today is sunday. Weather forecast predicted rain and storms...but I woke up with a beautiful sunshine and decided to go for a walk. This is how shops look when they are closed: most of them have artistic shutters like these. 
carrer petritxol shop shutter




Just outside my flat, Plaza del Pi Sunday market for natural food, well known for sales of honey and cheese. You can taste everything...and probably won't resist buying at least a jar of honey!!


...and cheese!
plaza del pi market barcelona


Plaza del Pi, where many artists expose their work. I stopped for a while chatting with Salvador Collell Juanola, a very nice person, to talk about the original style of his paintings he's been exposing in several european cities. He accepted to be portrayed in a photo and asked me to send it to him, which I did!
Salvador Collell Juanola paintings


 Another artist of the square, reading his newspaper


And one more, reading his book!


Keeping on walking towards the main Cathedral square, another nice Sunday market crowded with hundreds of local people and tourists.


All kind of tasteful cheese....
sunday market barcelona


Wine tasting....
sunday market wine barcelona


Bellota ham tasting: this kind of ham is from free-range pigs that roam oak forests (called dehesas) along the border between Spain and Portugal


Well, I just wanted to take a picture of this man selling wines, but he asked his friend to take a pictures of him with me instead, wearing the same market apron (which he gave me as a souvenir afterwards!)
sunday market mirò wine barcelona


And....to end up my Sunday morning walk a little bit of very good music played in the streets of Barrio Gotico. Tiberio Eduardo and Adrian Roman playing flamenco guitar. I bought their CD after I heard them playing "Entre dos Aguas" by Paco de Lucia....very good interpreters!


The Spotshines, spanish group interpreting pop rock music...excellent!!! Right now I am listening to their CD while updating my blog!! There's plenty of very good street musicians performing in every corner of Barcelona....Well, this was an absolutely nice Sunday!!!
spotshines gotico barcelona daniela

3 comments:

  1. Part time worker as wine seller?! :-)
    Very nice and interesting captures from Barcelona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Recently visited Barcelona for the first time and just love the city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a beautiful city, and I often travel there! next time half june, hope to post more pics, probably better ones with my new camera! thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, people seldom do that despite visiting the blog a lot!!!

      Delete