Saturday, October 20, 2012

Carrer Petritxol...home sweet home!


This is the view from my apartment here in Barcelona on a rainy evening...
rain carrer petritxol barcelona


This narrrow hidden street, crammed with chocolate shops and cafeterias, and numerous art galleries and bookshops, is the first pedestrians-only street in the city since the 1950s. I am lucky to live in such an artistic bohemian place.....just love it!!
balcony barcelona rain petritxol





View from one of the balconies of my apartment


One more view! Lovely terraces all around!


Typical hand painted majolicas decorating the walls of this old street in Barrio Gotico





One of the numerous shops selling chocolates and "tùrron" (nougat)....
vicens nougat petritxol barcelona


Everything ready to celebrate Halloween!!


For sure I will buy a pair of these ballerina shoes before leaving...even though I'm not that tall to wear flat flat shoes!! Maybe I'll get a pair for my daughter.....the tall one in the family!!





Just love these shops!




No comments:

Post a Comment